A Bollywood Dance & Fitness Performing Arts Academy in Raleigh-Durham
Greetings from Indigo Dance Evolution Academy! – the Triangle’s first-ever integrated versatile academy to learn, share, grow and evolve with authentic Bollywood, Folk & Classical Indian dance, plus get a top-notch, world standard Fitness experience with our brand of high energy Bolly-Robics!
Structured coaching of international repute offering traditional as well as modern Indian dance, plus Bolly-based group fitness to people of all ages, levels of learning , backgrounds & ethnicities, as well as individual aims, is now in the Triangle. Whether you are learning for recreational, vocational or fitness reasons, there is an answer to your needs. You can come learn your favorite Indian dance style or join in an exciting Bollywood-dance workout on international lines, close to you!
We don’t produce ‘background dancers’ : we aim instead at producing STARS who shine in their own light!
Classes started Summer of 2013 in the Triangle through an outreach of several town community centers, schools and fitness studios in the Wake County, where Bollywood Dance & Bolly-based Fitness were introduced for the very first time to a cross-cultural audience. Re-defining Indian dance with new dimensions, not just as a performing art but a fun, interactive sharing platform , Indigo’s classes and shows in the region reflect the diverse fabric of the Triangle, where we teach students of various ethnicities, backgrounds, ages, and levels of learning.
|| Flash News ||
Although our doors in RTP opened mid- 2013, within a short span of a year, Indigo has already produced a Top Scoring team in the Raleigh-Durham-Cary area! Winner of the highest Runner-up Score and highest in the Bollywood sub-category Solo & Group at the region’s first -ever INTERNATIONAL Dance Competition at Raleigh International Festival 2014. Read all about it here.
We have been the FIRST ever Bollywood Indian Dance academy on the East Coast to bring the Bollywood Interactive style of entertainment to the region! Read all about it here.
Indigo also creates a new milestone for Bollywood Dance fitness genre by bringing it to the prestigious CISCO corporation in the RTP region, the tech giant’s third largest facility in the world. Read all about it here.
For the very first time ever on the east coast, Bollywood Dancing was introduced for Senior Citizens too! Read all about it here
Not just to dance to entertain, but to stay fit…for LIFE ! That is Indigo’s mission. Read more …
Indigo’s hallmark (and those of its many alumni internationally), is its creativity: a reflection of it’s founder’s “out-of-the-box” thinking and vision. Principal tutor, visionary artist, an internationally acclaimed dance tutor and former dance finalist from Mumbai, (India), a versatile choreographer-performer of three decades, Priya Chellani has been instrumental in honing the creative & fitness aspirations of academy members since her first performing and teaching days in Bombay, the city of her birth, education and dance training. Bombay is also the birthplace and origin of “Bollywood”, both cinema and the dance genre. Priya Chellani‘s performance & teaching career rose in the early 90’s from within this hyper-dynamic fountain-head of creativity, the very heart of Bollywood. With a background of concurrent years equally dedicated to fitness, modeling, choreography, theater, original musicals scripting & direction, a highly versatile, advanced creative repertoire, ranging from traditional & urban Bollywood, classical Katthak, regional Indian folk, to world styles such as hiphop,jazz, latin and middle eastern, Priya in her early days, trained alongside topnotch Bollywood choreographers, today’s leading Bollywood film directors/personalities, building upon her natural aptitude. Through her academy in India, many students found the outlet they sought, including budding artists & fitness professionals who took core training from her, and who have today become popular artists, movie actors and dance educators in Mumbai. See some famous students trained at Priya’s academy, Mumbai.
Moving to western shores in the millennium, she continued training groups at a multitude of events, coaching students in three continents and such diverse foreign cultures as Dubai (UAE), New Zealand and USA (Atlanta), gradually transforming her style into a global one. Priya made the United States her home recently in mid-2008, certified as a U.S Fitness professional additionally, and since then imparted global standard dance & fitness training to local communities, first in Atlanta, and now in Raleigh Durham since July 2013. See her full bio here and public recommendations from many agencies : Testimonials USA
View our Youtube channel with over 200 videos to give you a glimpse of her diverse projects with student teams, internationally and locally. See what international communities say in: Testimonials New Zealand, Testimonials Dubai and Testimonials India, international Press & Media.
See our Schedule of fees : Reasonable and easily payable in 6-week slabs.
Locations: A choice of locations in the RTP for group lessons, and excellent value Private Tuition offered too!
See Dance / Fitness Styles : Besides Bollywood Dance & BollyRobics, we offer Folk & Classical too.
Performance Opportunities – Quarterly and yearly, provide exciting platforms within diverse audiences to our students.
Why Bollywood and Indian dance?
The 21st century world is a fast shrinking place. Think global. Help your child and yourself learn about the cultures and languages around and across the globe. Read more
Aim GLOBAL ! with our Quality Services:
- We invest TIME and CARE into every student. We keep our classes as small and personalized as possible, meaning more quality time per student.
- Dance students learn energetic and brand new segments in relatively short periods of time with our expert, focussed, time-tested & well-structured, dedicated coaching.
- We aim for global standards of the dance form with emphasis on correct narrative expression, precise technical breakdown and execution of steps, leading to dance students’ full exploration of their potential. Students can confidently perform this in any social or stage setting, not locally but globally!
- Our fitness workout is comparable to the best Bollywood out there : Not only are Adults fueled with energy, they go away with techniques to execute stylish moves too!
- Innovative concepts in dance coupled with fresh choreography, the latest Bollywood steps that are enjoyable/meaningful… we help you convey the flavour of each piece aptly!
- We stay in close touch with our students’ needs, and endeavor to raise the standard & awareness of the dance form offering year-round training, mentorship,performances, guidance
- We don’t teach you the ‘easy’ stuff so you can “fit in with your peers” – instead we challenge, stimulate, motivate and inspire you to STAND OUT, rise higher, get more self-satisfaction in your endeavors, and yet, all in a non-threatening, non-judgmental environment.
- We come to YOU : by offering a variety of locations to suit, we make it easy for you to keep your dance or workout weekly commitment. We offer group classes in Cary, Morrisville, Raleigh & Garner; besides corporate and fitness centers, and private coaching at your home. See our Schedule
- Our fees in comparison to the immense value of exceptional quality training, are highly Affordable and easy-to-pay, with no hidden extras, no hidden contracts.
- We offer a taste of Indian culture with a variety of styles- from Bollywood urban to Bollywood traditional, classical, retro and folk styles! We also offer advanced training to competent dancers.
- Easy enrolling structure at all locations.
- No hidden surprises or unfair performance contracts for students.
- We offer our students Quarterly public performances, Yearly Recitals, and encourage regular student presentations at diverse, exciting venues to increase their achievement levels, self-confidence, social skills, sense of community, social outlets, and of course, their creativity and communication skills.
- The benefit of many years’ teaching experience – Because we KNOW what it is to TEACH through sheer hands-on work and hundreds of students globally coached and satisfactorily served by a dynamic faculty!
- Not enough ? Read more…
A range of customized services are also offered. Training & entertainment for weddings, first dances, corporate events, sports meets, competitions, milestone events, fund-raisers, festivals, graduations, inaugurations and much more! See Services or Contact us to find out more.