A Bollywood Dance & Fitness Performing Arts Academy in RaleighDurham
Greetings from Indigo Dance Evolution Academy! – A place to learn, share, grow and evolve with Bollywood, folk & classical Indian dances, and get your fitness on with Bolly-Robics!
Structured coaching of international repute offering traditional as well as modern Indian dance, plus Bolly-based group fitness to people of all ages, levels of learning and individual aims is now in the Triangle. Whether you are learning for recreational, vocational or fitness reasons, there is an answer to your needs. You can come learn your favorite Indian dance style or join in an exciting Bollywood-dance workout close to you!
Classes started Summer of 2013 in the RTP through an outreach of town community centers, schools and fitness studios in the Wake County, where Bollywood Dance & Bolly-based Fitness were introduced for the very first time to a cross-cultural audience.
Re-defining Indian dance with new dimensions, not just as a universal performing art but a fun new interactive fitness , Indigo’s classes and shows in the region involve everyday people, of diverse races, ages, and levels of learning. For the very first time ever, Bollywood Dancing was introduced for Senior Citizens too!
Not just to dance, but how to stay fit…for LIFE! That is Indigo’s mission. Read more …
Through the medium of cultural dance, founder & principal tutor, an internationally acclaimed dance tutor and versatile choreographer-performer of 25 years, Priya Chellani has been instrumental in honing the creative & fitness aspirations of academy members ever since her first performing and teaching days in Mumbai, India, the city of her education and dance training, also the “birthplace of Bollywood”. A former all-India dance finalist, Priya Chellani‘s performance & teaching career spanning over two decades, began in this creative coaching industry within the heart of Bollywood. With a background of concurrent years equally dedicated to fitness, modeling, choreography, theater, original musicals scripting & direction, a highly versatile repertoire ranging from traditional & modern Bollywood, classical Katthak, regional Indian folk, to world styles, Priya from the early 90’s, trained alongside topnotch Bollywood choreographers and film personalities, building upon her natural aptitude. Through her academy in India, many found the outlet they sought, including budding artists & fitness professionals who took core training from her, and who are today popular artists, movie actors and dance educators in Mumbai.
Moving to western shores in the millennium, she continued training groups at a multitude of events, coaching students in such diverse foreign cultures as Dubai (UAE), New Zealand and USA (Atlanta), gradually transforming her style into a global one. Priya made the United States her home in mid-2008 and since then has been imparting training to local communities, first in Atlanta, and now in Raleigh Durham since July 2013. See her full bio here.
View our Youtube channel with over 150 videos to give you a glimpse of past works with student teams and members, internationally and locally. See what international communities say in: Testimonials USA, Testimonials New Zealand, Testimonials Dubai and Testimonials India, international Press & Media.
See our Schedule of fees : Reasonable and easily payable in 6-week slabs.
Locations: A choice of locations in the RTP for group lessons, and excellent value Private Tuition offered too!
Performance Opportunities – without long-term binding contracts!
Why Bollywood and Indian dance?
The 21st century world is a fast shrinking place. Think global. Help your child and yourself learn about the cultures and languages around and across the globe. Read more
Aim global : with our Quality Services…
- We invest TIME and CARE into every student. Our classes are small and personalized meaning more quality time per student.
- Dance students learn energetic and brand new segments in relatively short periods of time with our expert, focussed, time-tested & well-structured, dedicated coaching.
- We aim for global standards of the dance form with emphasis on correct narrative expression, variances & body lines leading to dance students’ full exploration of their potential.
- Adults are fueled with energy after their fun workout! Not just that, they go away with techniques to execute stylish moves too!
- A variety of locations to suit, offering easy commute: group classes in Cary,Morrisville, Raleigh & Garner; Private coaching offered at your home.
- Highly Affordable and Easy-to-Pay fees for exceptional quality training!
- A taste of Indian culture with a variety of styles- from Bollywood modern to Bollywood traditional, classical, retro and folk styles!
- Easy enrolling structure. No hidden surprises or unfair contracts for students.
- The benefit of many years’ teaching experience – Because we KNOW what it is to TEACH through sheer hands-on work and hundreds of students globally coached and satisfactorily served by a dynamic faculty!
- Quarterly public performances and Yearly Recitals, regular student presentations at diverse venues.
- Not enough ? Read more…
A range of customized services are also offered. Training & entertainment for weddings, first dances, corporate events, sports meets, competitions, milestone events, fund-raisers, festivals, graduations, inaugurations and much more! See Services or Contact us to find out more.