Bollywood Dance at Cary
(Age 13 & up)
Instructor: Priya Chellani
Register for our exciting 2018 Winter-Spring session
NEW PRICING !
$66 $53 FOR CARY & $78 $68 FOR non-CARY residents
REGISTRATION: Closes 3 days before the start date.
Exceptional Value for Money at this TWO-in-ONE combined class. Learn snazzy steps on the trendiest Bollywood songs each season AND get a great workout!
Always wanted to do Bollywood dance but never had a chance ? Have a wedding or Bollywood party coming up and don’t know what to do on the dance floor? Want to give it a spin before signing up for a long-term learning? Like dancing and want to include it in your daily life for more exercise? Would like to take your newbie experience to the next level or a performance?
Whatever your reason, get a great intro to our fun energetic dance style through this series! In just few weeks, you will learn not just more than basic moves, but complete patterns on a variety of songs, that will get you to the dance floor (or a stage) with more self-confidence & ease. The dual advantage is the great exercise you get with each routine – while expressing yourself with great dance moves! Get your cardio up and those endorphins flowing with just ONE hour of our energetic Bollywood style! Excellent for boosting stamina & flexibility needed for dancing, and improving general well-being.
These routines set to catchy uptempo Bollywood music will help you shed your inhibition, and get into the Bolly-groove! Our expert choreography blends an easy-to-do, creative fusion of movements from energetic Indian classical and folk dances to hip hop, jazz, Latin & Middle eastern! Red hot Bollywood music with the coolest dance steps- a vivacious coach and classmates who share your hobby – perfect for students of all levels of experience with or without dance background! What can be even better? : Participate in our seasonal multi-cultural events where you get to inspire and motivate others to share the joy on stage! To see the kind of events we encourage our students’ participation at, go to Recent events or to our Facebook Events page.
*Each class features routines both fast & mellow pace. Choreography is simple and challenging in equal parts. Instructor breaks down more complex moves before you begin. Instructor certified in Group Training Fitness from AFAA and AAAI-ISMA, USA + Yoga Institute & Gopikrishna Katthak Institute of Classical Dance, Mumbai India + 25 years’ experience teaching internationally & locally.
*Event Participation is 100% optional. Not included in fee. We participate in interactive & performance shows at multi-cultural festivals each season, which may involve separate costumes, or extra services as organized -payable directly to instructor. Please check with the instructor of any upcoming events, and clothing as applicable.
Watch a video below to see our members’ latest engagement on stage!
- Enhanced individual & accelerated learning with small sized classes.
- Learn signature steps & versatile, creative patterns of Bollywood songs on a diverse variety of songs & styles.
- Understand lyrical context; express with your entire body and with facial eloquence.
- Improve on your presentation skills with more grace, flow, and energy.
- Develop better coordination, rhythm, musicality, stamina, flexibility with continued learning.
- Unlock the technicality of new dance steps; improve on presentation of familiar ones.
- Show off your skills at the next Indian party or on stage- surprise friends & family with your new interest!
- Feel fitter, get more physical agility, better mental focus & emotional wellbeing
- Become part of our global, daily growing Student Dance Video Channel on Youtube!
Details of Course at Cary:
Herb C Young Comm.Center, 101 Wilkinson Ave, Cary (downtown)
Session Duration :
Once a week One Hour: Monday nights 7.45 – 8.45 p.m
Monday Apr 23 – May 28 ; Course code : TBA
* Optional FITNESS -INTERACTIVE public participation onstage: June 9 : Have fun, and Inspire & motivate others in the audience!
Cary Residents (R) : $53 only for 6 week series.
Cary (Non-Residents) : $68 only for 6 week series.
Note : REGISTRATIONS CLOSE 3 buss. days before start date. Make sure to REGISTER IN TIME
*Fees for Classes are not made up or pro-rated if missed / absent.
ONLINE : classweb.townofcary.org
IN PERSON by calling /visiting the center: (919) 460-4965.
Three Ways to Register for the above class :
Welcome to EZ-REG, the Town of Cary Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources’ registration service. There are now three convenient ways to register. In addition to mail-in and walk-in registration, you may register over the Internet. This is secure and allows you to register 24 hours a day. Before you begin the registration process, please have the following information available:
- Family Account PIN (located on your Family Account Report. To get this
code, complete a Family Account Registration Form.
- Each family member’s individual client code (located on your Family
Account Report. To get these codes, complete the Family Account
- Credit card (The Town of Cary accepts Visa or MasterCard)
- A program brochure. Some programs will not be available for Internet and telephone registration. It is helpful if you record the course codes you are interested in. The program brochure is available at all Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources staffed facilities or may be downloaded from the “Program Brochure” link.
This is your connection to programs offered by Cary Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources. EZ-REG Web allows you to register for classes, search facility availability, book specific picnic shelters, view your account information, or make payments 24 hours a day. Click here for EZ-REG WEB
Registration forms may be processed in person at any Cary Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources facility. Cash, check, money order, Visa, or MasterCard are accepted as payment during walk-in registration. Drop-off the registration forms and full payment at Herbert C. Young Community Center: (919) 460-4965 101 Wilkinson Avenue
EZ REG- MAIL In
Mail-in registration forms and full payment are accepted year-round. Postmark date restrictions may apply. Please review registration instructions carefully. Registration forms are located in the back of each program brochure. Additional forms are available for download from www.townofcary.org or any staffed facility. Some classes will fill quickly. If you are willing to credit your account, write one check. If not, please write separate checks for each class per person. Make checks payable to “Town of Cary”. Mail forms and full payment to: Program Registration
Cary Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources
PO Box 8005
Cary, NC 27512-8005
Forms & Instructions
Our Next 6-week Bollywood Series will be on the following dates :
Apr 23 – June 4 Class code : 108979 *No class Memorial Day May 28
June 11 – July 16 Class code : 113866
July 23 – Aug 27 Class code : 113867
Register anytime in advance for the above
20 Great Reasons why you need to choose this class by Indigo Academy over others :