BOLLYWOOD DANCE FOR TEENS & ADULTS
Ages 13 yr to ADULT
BEGINNER & BEYOND BEGINNER [Mixed Levels]
Instructor: Priya Chellani
Exceptional Value in this Bollywood Dance class
Whatever your reason
- Always wanted to do Bollywood dance, but never had a chance?
- Have an Indian wedding invitation? Don’t know what to do on the dance floor?
- Want more out of your daily exercise? Need something new & fun?
- Want to try a new hobby / cultural dance genre ?
- Want to give it a spin before signing up to long-term learning?
- Want to take your Bollywood dance experience to the next level with a performance?
*Instructor certified in Group Training Fitness from AFAA + AAAI-ISMA USA, & Gopikrishna Institute of Classical & Folk Dance, Mumbai India with 25+ years’ experience teaching all levels of students, locally (U.S) and internationally.
Get into the fun, energetic Bollywood dance style of the movies through this series!
In just a few weeks, you will:
- – Learn snazzy steps on the trendiest Bollywood songs each season- keep up to date
- – Learn phrases that are a mix of Basic & Intermediate techniques- Get confident on any dance floor
- – Get a great workout whilst having fun & learning. Get those endorphins flowing with just ONE hour of our energetic Bollywood style!
- – Participate & perform showcases or demo’s at voluntary events/cultural displays at community classes/workshops/festivals
Excellent for fitness and general well-being, routines set to upbeat music are created with expert choreography blending moves from energetic Indian folk such as bhangra, raas-garba etc. to hip-hop, jazz, Latin & M.Eastern. Perfect for students of all levels of experience- with or without a dance background! The choreography is simple and challenging in equal parts; Instructor expertly breaks down complex moves.
Coming Sessions of 2023
Bollywood BEGINNER & BEYOND BEGINNER SERIES for those who want to take their Intro learning up a few notches
[Next to Stone Theatre Cinemas, opposite Loft] Click the link or picture for directions
*All public health mandates to be observed during the course of all classes & public events
DAY & TIME:
SUNDAY 12.00-1.00 p.m
Fee & Requirements: Please contact us to know more.
Learn Now, & Stay Active. Tell a story, Have a laugh, Enjoy the music!
Learn with our dedicated coaching, practice, get a workout, and enjoy the time with your friends online, maybe get on stage to show your learning!
Become a contributor to our fast-growing Youtube Student Video channel!
Or participate in seasonal intercultural events when the time is right.
For more on the kind of events we do, go to Recent events OR to our Facebook Events page
*Event Participation is 100% Optional. May involve Free/Nominal Rental or Costume purchase Or extra services as organized. Please check with your Instructor upon invitation.
Watch video playlist below of 100s of dances to see how our various members do in classes and events!
Our amazing, energetic troupe of TEEN-ADULT dancers took audiences on a fun upbeat trip to “Bollywood”!
Visit the above pages or Indigo Academy Recent Events to see more!
Inspire others, motivate & share the joy on stage!
Our local students …enjoy international popularity! See them on Youtube
Watch our students’ videos below. See these real student outcomes, on the Carolinas’ LARGEST globally followed Bollywood Studio Dance channel- with over 1,350 subscribers.
Get in touch to find out more. Email us: email@example.com
Summing up other benefits
- Learn well with a small-sized class – MORE individual attention per student.
- Unlock the technicality of new dance steps; improve on familiar ones.
- Understand the lyrical context, and express with musicality.
- Improve presentation skills with grace, flow & rhythm.
- Develop better coordination, balance, and agility.
- Get sharper mental focus, physical fitness, and emotional wellbeing
- Develop as a performing artist to get live feedback.
- No mandatory performance or costume cost if you don’t wish to perform.
Interested in finding out more about these? Go to the Registration page Or Contact Us for more info.
See also our other classes
BOLLYWOOD DANCE CLASSES for Tween KIDS@Morrisville. NOW Open for New enrolments
BOLLYWOOD DANCE for Little KIDS @Morrisville NOW Open for New enrolments
Bollywood Dance for Kids at Raleigh Resuming shortly
BOLLYWOOD DANCE for Kids at CARY Resuming shortly
Interested in KATTHAK or FOLK Dances of India or Fusion? Contact us for any custom/seasonal needs.
Watch a Sample Fusion of Classical & Contemporary choreography:
KATTHAK – A Classical Indian Dance Form
An expressive classical dance form, one of the major recognized classical dances of India, and a great base for Traditional Bollywood. Express your interest in our Kathak or Kathak -infused classes.
FOLK DANCES OF INDIA
Folk styles of Gujarat, Punjab, Maharashtra and other states of India. Learn what makes India so uniquely diverse, region to region, and yet with a common bond of festivity and culture running through its veins.
Watch a Garba class for beginners in progress:
Watch a Bhangra performed by intermediate learners:
We engage our students in presentations across the state of NC and beyond. Write to us for more info : firstname.lastname@example.org
Priya is passionate about dance and bringing health and happiness factor into people’s lives. Dance has been her companion for almost 30 years and she helps people find and follow this same passion in life! Classical and Indian Bollywood & folk dance performer-dance finalist-veteran choreographer from Mumbai who has coached groups in three continents for last 20+ years, she brings fun, new dance routines based on many different Indian/blended/western styles that invigorate and challenge you. Not only will you feel and look fitter & younger, you’ll end up more confident on the dance floor with better coordination, confidence, and rhythm. Discover and Enjoy life.. with dance. Come to one of her fabulous Bollywood classes this week! – Wake County Lifelong Learning, NC