Located at: Brier Creek Community Center,
10810 Globe Rd, Raleigh NC 27617
[Only 5 min.drive from RDU Airport]
Administered by the City of Raleigh Parks & Recreations.
Instructor: Priya Chellani
Bollywood Dance for Ages 13 & Up
TUESDAYS, 7.45- 8.45 p.m
Once a week, One hour.
July 16 – Aug 20; 6 wks;
*Next session: Sep 3- Oct. 8, Barcode #246258*
Fees for the above :
Raleigh residents: Only $36.00 for 6 weeks
*$15 surcharge applies for non-resident of Raleigh
Exceptional Value in this Bollywood Dance class
- Want more from your daily exercise? Maybe something new & fun? Get those endorphins flowing with just ONE hour of our energetic Bollywood style!
- Always wanted to do Bollywood dance, but never had a chance?
- Have an Indian wedding come up? Don’t know what to do on the dance floor?
- Want to try a new hobby?
- Want to give it a spin before signing up to long-term commitment?
- Want to get to know a bit about the music & dance culture of India?
Whatever your reason
In just a few weeks, you will:
– Learn snazzy steps on the trendiest Bollywood songs each season
– Learn step patterns with a variety of Bollywood sub-styles
– Get confident on the dance floor
– Get a great workout whilst having fun learning with positive classmates & low stress.
Excellent for fitness and general well-being, routines set to upbeat music are created with expert choreography blending moves from energetic Indian folk such as bhangra, raas-garba etc., to hip-hop, jazz, Latin & M.Eastern. Perfect for students of all levels of experience, with or without a dance background! The choreography is simple and challenging in equal parts; Instructor breaks down complex moves.
*Instructor certified in Group Training Fitness from AFAA + AAAI-ISMA USA, & Gopikrishna Institute of Classical & Folk Dance, Mumbai India; + 25 y experience teaching all levels of students, locally (U.S) and internationally.
What can be even better? : Show it off if you need!
Optional public event participation for members:
Check them out here, click on links below:
Our amazing, energetic troupe of TEEN-ADULT dancers took residents of High Point NC, on a fun upbeat trip to “Bollywood”!
Plenty of opportunities to participate in seasonal intercultural events where you inspire others. Motivate & share the joy on stage! Check out Recent events or Upcoming events on our Facebook page, to see the types of optional events our students participate in.
*Event Participation is 100% optional, not Included in Fee. May involve nominally priced separate costumes, or extra services as organized. Please check with your Instructor upon invitation.
Watch our videos below for various occasions and see some real student results on the Carolinas’ largest followed global Bollywood Studio Dance channel. Become a contributor to our global, organically-growing Youtube Channel! See 100’s of our dances here : BOLLYWOOD DANCE by students in CLASSES & Events
Summing it up, here’s what you can expect:
- Accelerated learning with small sized classes.
- Signature steps & creative patterns on a diverse variety of upbeat Bollywood songs & sub-styles.
- Fun learning in a positive, nurturing environment
- Lyrical context, expressing with energy & eloquence.
- Presentation skills – grace, flow, musicality, technicality.
- Better coordination, agility, mental focus.
- Refreshing aerobic exercise for not just heart/ body, but mind/spirit
- Get a few cultural tips on India & subcontinent.
- Become a contributor to our global Student Dance Video Channel on Youtube
- Inspire others! get up on stage and share your joy of dance through our prolific community events
How to register and pay for any of the above classes:
You may only register to this class through the City of Raleigh Parks & Recreations using any one of the three methods below. Please make sure to refer the BARCODE for CLASS DESCRIPTION when registering
A. Register Online through the City of Raleigh Parks RecLink: You will need to create an account: https://reclink.raleighnc.gov/Start/start.asp. Register at least 1 week before the class start date.
B. In person: Walk-in to the center anytime between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Mon through Saturday, and at least 1 week BEFORE the lesson to register & pay in person. Location: 10810 Globe Rd, Raleigh NC 27617. Phone: 919-420-2340. Center accepts cash, check all major debit and credit cards. If using checks to pay, please make checks payable to “Raleigh Parks & Recreation”
C. Mail in your Registration Form **: Download Form Send Form &payment to Raleigh Parks & Recreation Business Office, Pullen Arts Center, Pullen Road, Raleigh NC 27607. **Please ensure to mail in your registration & payment at least TWO WEEKS before the start of the first lesson.
*Classes cannot be pro-rated if missed or absent.
- See all the Bollywood activities at Brier Creek on City of Raleigh Leisure Ledger Page. Search for *Bollywood*
Leisure Ledger January – April 2019
For registrations for Classes at all other Centers, go Back to Schedule & Pricing.
Bollywood Dance for Teens-Adults at Morrisville
Bollywood Dance for Kids in Raleigh
Bollywood Dance for Young children at Morrisville.
Bollywood Dance for Tween children at Morrisville.
Bollywood fitness for Kids at Cary