Located at: Brier Creek Community Center,
10810 Globe Rd, Raleigh NC 27617
[Only 5 min.drive from RDU Airport]
Administered by the City of Raleigh Parks & Recreations.
Instructor: Priya Chellani
Bollywood Dance for Ages 13 & Up
TUESDAYS, 7.45- 8.45 p.m
Once a week, One hour.
Jan 15 – Feb 19, 6 wks; Barcode # 233162
Feb 26- Apr 2, Barcode #233163
Apr 9- May 14, Barcode #233164
*Click to see Optional public participation for members onstage:
Fees for the above :
Raleigh residents: Only $36.00 for 6 weeks
*$15 surcharge applies for non-resident of Raleigh
Exceptional Value in this Bollywood Dance class
- Get a great workout whilst having fun learning. Get those endorphins flowing with just ONE hour of our energetic Bollywood style! Always wanted to do Bollywood dance, but never had a chance?
- Have an Indian wedding come up? Don’t know what to do on the dance floor?
- Want more from your daily exercise? Maybe something new & fun?
- Want to try a new hobby with dancing ?
- Have tried Bollywood but want to give it a spin before signing up to long-term learning?
- Would like to take your newbie experience with Bollywood dance to the next level?
Whatever your reason
Get into the fun, energetic Bollywood dance style of the movies through this series!
In just a few weeks, you will:
– Learn snazzy steps on the trendiest Bollywood songs each season- keep up to date
– Learn step patterns on a variety of songs- a mix of Basic & Intermediate techniques
– Get confident on any dance floor
– Get a great workout whilst having fun learning. Get those endorphins flowing with just ONE hour of our energetic Bollywood style!
Excellent for fitness and general well-being, routines set to upbeat music are created with expert choreography blending moves from energetic Indian folk such as bhangra, raas-garba etc., to hip-hop, jazz, Latin & M.Eastern. Perfect for students of all levels of experience, with or without a dance background! The choreography is simple and challenging in equal parts; Instructor breaks down complex moves.
*Instructor certified in Group Training Fitness from AFAA + AAAI-ISMA USA, & Gopikrishna Institute of Classical & Folk Dance, Mumbai India; + 25 y experience teaching all levels of students, locally (U.S) and internationally.
What can be even better? : Show it off if you need!
Plenty of opportunities to participate in seasonal intercultural events where you inspire others. Motivate & share the joy on stage! Check out Recent events or Upcoming events on our Facebook page, to see the types of optional events our students participate in.
*Event Participation is 100% optional, & not Included in Fee. May involve separate costumes, or extra services as organized. Please check with your Instructor upon invitation.
Watch our videos below for various occasions and see some real student results on the Carolinas’ largest followed global Bollywood Studio Dance channel
See many more! : BOLLYWOOD DANCE in my Beginners’ CLASS
Summing it up
- Accelerated learning with small sized classes.
- Signature steps & versatile, creative patterns on a diverse variety of songs & Bollywood styles.
- Understand lyrical context, express with energy & eloquence.
- Improve on presentation skills with grace, flow, musicality & rhythm.
- Develop better coordination.
- Unlock technicality of new dance steps; improve on familiar ones.
- Show off your skills at the next Indian party or on stage- surprise friends & family with your new interest!
- Get more agility, mental focus & emotional wellbeing
- Become a contributor to our global, daily-growing Student Dance Video Channel on Youtube!
- Inspire others! get up on stage and share your joy of dance!
How to register and pay for any of the above classes:
You may only register to this class through the City of Raleigh Parks & Recreations using any one of the three methods below. Please make sure to refer the BARCODE for CLASS DESCRIPTION when registering
A. Register Online through the City of Raleigh Parks RecLink: You will need to create an account: https://reclink.raleighnc.gov/Start/start.asp. Register at least 1 week before the class start date.
B. In person: Walk-in to the center anytime between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Mon through Saturday, and at least 1 week BEFORE the lesson to register & pay in person. Location: 10810 Globe Rd, Raleigh NC 27617. Phone: 919-420-2340. Center accepts cash, check all major debit and credit cards. If using checks to pay, please make checks payable to “Raleigh Parks & Recreation”
C. Mail in your Registration Form **: Download Form Send Form &payment to Raleigh Parks & Recreation Business Office, Pullen Arts Center, Pullen Road, Raleigh NC 27607. **Please ensure to mail in your registration & payment at least TWO WEEKS before the start of the first lesson.
*Classes cannot be pro-rated if missed or absent.
- See all the Bollywood activities at Brier Creek on City of Raleigh Leisure Ledger Page. Search for *Bollywood*
Leisure Ledger January – April 2019
For registrations for Classes at all other Centers, go Back to Schedule & Pricing.
Bollywood Dance for Kids in Raleigh
Bollywood Dance for Young children offered at Morrisville.
Bollywood Dance for Tween children offered at Morrisville.
Bollywood fitness for Teens-Adults offered at Cary
Bollywood Dance for Teens-Adults offered at Morrisville