Bollywood Dance at Cary
For Children 4- 12 yrs.
& Separate class For Ages 13 yrs to ADULT
These classes will be Administered by Town of Cary.
Instructor: Priya Chellani
Stand by, they’re Coming soon to an exciting, BRAND NEW location in West Cary…
Two separate weekend Classes will be held: One for Children and one for Teens-Adults
Exceptional Value in this Bollywood Dance class
- Always wanted to do Bollywood dance, but never had a chance?
- Have an Indian wedding come up? Don’t know what to do on the dance floor?
- Want more out of your daily exercise? Need something new & fun?
- Want to try a new hobby with dancing ?
- Have tried Bollywood but want to give it a spin before signing up to long-term learning?
- Would like to take your newbie experience with Bollywood dance to the next level?
Whatever your reason
Get into the fun, energetic Bollywood dance style of the movies through this series!
In just a few weeks, you will:
– Learn snazzy steps on the trendiest Bollywood songs each season- keep up to date
– Learn step patterns on a variety of songs- a mix of Basic & Intermediate techniques
– Get confident on any dance floor
– Get a great workout whilst having fun learning. Get those endorphins flowing with just ONE hour of our energetic Bollywood style!
Excellent for fitness and general well-being, routines set to upbeat music are created with expert choreography blending moves from energetic Indian folk such as bhangra, raas-garba etc., to hip-hop, jazz, Latin & M.Eastern. Perfect for students of all levels of experience, with or without a dance background! The choreography is simple and challenging in equal parts; Instructor breaks down complex moves.
*Instructor certified in Group Training Fitness from AFAA + AAAI-ISMA USA, & Gopikrishna Institute of Classical & Folk Dance, Mumbai India; + 25 y experience teaching all levels of students, locally (U.S) and internationally.
Tell a story, Have a laugh, Enjoy the music! What can be even better?
Show it off if you need!
Plenty of opportunities to participate in seasonal intercultural events where you inspire others, motivate & share the joy on stage!
For the kind of events we engage in, go to Recent events & to our Facebook Events page
*Event Participation is 100% optional. May involve separate costumes, or extra services as organized. Please check with your Instructor upon invitation.
Watch a video below to see our members’ latest engagement on stage!
- Enhanced individual & accelerated learning with small sized classes.
- Learn signature steps & versatile, creative patterns of Bollywood songs on a diverse variety of songs & styles.
- Understand lyrical context; express with your entire body and facial eloquence.
- Improve on your presentation skills with more grace, flow, and energy.
- Develop better coordination, rhythm, musicality, stamina, flexibility with continued learning.
- Unlock the technicality of new dance steps; improve on presentation of familiar ones.
- Show off your skills at the next Indian party or on stage- surprise friends & family with your new interest!
- Feel fitter, get more physical agility, better mental focus & emotional wellbeing
- Become part of our global, daily growing Student Dance Video Channel on Youtube!
Details of Course at Cary:
Location: COMING SOON
Session Duration & Fees: Coming soon…
You will have three Ways to Register for the above class :
Registration forms may be processed in person at any Cary Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources facility. Cash, check, money order, Visa, or MasterCard are accepted as payment during walk-in registration. Drop-off the registration forms and full payment at the center
EZ REG- MAIL In
Mail-in registration forms and full payment are accepted year-round. Postmark date restrictions may apply. Registration forms are located in the back of each program brochure. Additional forms are available for download from www.townofcary.org or any staffed facility. Some classes will fill quickly. Please write separate checks for each class per person. Make checks payable to “Town of Cary”. Mail forms and full payment to:
Cary Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources
PO Box 8005
Cary, NC 27512-8005
OR 3. ONLINE:
In addition to mail-in and walk-in registration, you may register over the Internet. This is secure and allows you to register 24 hours a day.
- You will need a Family Account PIN (located on your Family Account Report.
- Each family member’s individual client code (located on your Family
- Credit card (The Town of Cary accepts Visa or MasterCard)
- A program brochure. Some programs will not be available for Internet and telephone registration. It is helpful if you record the course codes you are interested in. The program brochure is available at all Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources staffed facilities or may be downloaded from the “Program Brochure” link.
- Click here for EZ-REG WEB
Forms & Instructions
Founder Priya Chellani featured in Cary Magazine