Bollywood Dance at Cary
(Age 13 & up)
Instructor: Priya Chellani
This class is administered by the Town of Cary. Tutor : Priya Chellani
Coming soon to a NEW location…
Exceptional Value for Money at this TWO-in-ONE combined class. Learn snazzy steps on the trendiest Bollywood songs each season AND get a great workout!
Always wanted to do Bollywood dance but never had a chance? Have an Indian wedding come up? Don’t know what to do on the dance floor? Want to give it a spin before signing up to long-term learning? Like dancing and want to include it in your daily life for more exercise? Want to try something new & fun? Would like to take your newbie experience to the next level?
Whatever your reason, get a great intro to the fun, energetic dance style of the movies of India through this series! In just a few weeks, you will learn not just more than basic techniques, but patterns on a variety of songs, that will make you confident on any dance floor too. Get your cardio up and those endorphins flowing with just ONE hour of the energetic Bollywood style! Excellent for physical fitness and general well-being, Routines set to upbeat music are created with expert choreography blending moves from energetic Indian folk such as bhangra, raas-garba etc., to hip-hop, jazz, Latin & Middle Eastern! – perfect for students of all levels of experience, with or without a dance background! Tell a story, or Have a laugh, Enjoy the music! Choreography is simple and challenging in equal parts. Instructor breaks down more complex moves.
What can be even better? : Show it off if you need! Plenty of opportunities to participate in seasonal intercultural events where you inspire others. Motivate others while sharing the joy on stage!
*For the kind of events we engage in, go to Recent events or to our Facebook Events page
*Instructor certified in Group Training Fitness from AFAA, AAAI-ISMA USA, Patanjali Yoga Institute Mumbai India + 25 years experience teaching internationally & locally.
*Event Participation is 100% optional, & not Included in Fee. May involve separate costumes, or extra services as organized, payable to instructor. Please check with your Instructor upon invitation.
Watch a video below to see our members’ latest engagement on stage!
- Enhanced individual & accelerated learning with small sized classes.
- Learn signature steps & versatile, creative patterns of Bollywood songs on a diverse variety of songs & styles.
- Understand lyrical context; express with your entire body and facial eloquence.
- Improve on your presentation skills with more grace, flow, and energy.
- Develop better coordination, rhythm, musicality, stamina, flexibility with continued learning.
- Unlock the technicality of new dance steps; improve on presentation of familiar ones.
- Show off your skills at the next Indian party or on stage- surprise friends & family with your new interest!
- Feel fitter, get more physical agility, better mental focus & emotional wellbeing
- Become part of our global, daily growing Student Dance Video Channel on Youtube!
Details of Course at Cary:
NEW Location COMING SOON
Session Duration & Fees:
You will have three Ways to Register for the above class :
Registration forms may be processed in person at any Cary Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources facility. Cash, check, money order, Visa, or MasterCard are accepted as payment during walk-in registration. Drop-off the registration forms and full payment at the center
EZ REG- MAIL In
Mail-in registration forms and full payment are accepted year-round. Postmark date restrictions may apply. Registration forms are located in the back of each program brochure. Additional forms are available for download from www.townofcary.org or any staffed facility. Some classes will fill quickly. Please write separate checks for each class per person. Make checks payable to “Town of Cary”. Mail forms and full payment to:
Cary Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources
PO Box 8005
Cary, NC 27512-8005
OR 3. ONLINE:
In addition to mail-in and walk-in registration, you may register over the Internet. This is secure and allows you to register 24 hours a day.
- You will need a Family Account PIN (located on your Family Account Report.
- Each family member’s individual client code (located on your Family
- Credit card (The Town of Cary accepts Visa or MasterCard)
- A program brochure. Some programs will not be available for Internet and telephone registration. It is helpful if you record the course codes you are interested in. The program brochure is available at all Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources staffed facilities or may be downloaded from the “Program Brochure” link.
- Click here for EZ-REG WEB
Forms & Instructions
20 Great Reasons why adults pick Indigo Academy vs.other “Bollywood groups”
Founder Priya Chellani in Cary Magazine: