BOLLYWOOD DANCE FOR TEENS & ADULTS=
Ages 13 yr to ADULT
BEGINNER & BEYOND BEGINNER [Mixed Levels]
Instructor: Priya Chellani
Exceptional Value in this Bollywood Dance class
- Always wanted to do Bollywood dance, but never had a chance?
- Have an Indian wedding come up? Don’t know what to do on the dance floor?
- Want more out of your daily exercise? Need something new & fun?
- Want to try a new hobby with dancing ?
- Have tried Bollywood but want to give it a spin before signing up to long-term learning?
- Would like to take your newbie experience with Bollywood dance to the next level?
Whatever your reason
Get into the fun, energetic Bollywood dance style of the movies through this series!
In just a few weeks, you will:
– Learn snazzy steps on the trendiest Bollywood songs each season- keep up to date
– Learn step patterns on a variety of songs- a mix of Basic & Intermediate techniques
– Get confident on any dance floor
– Get a great workout whilst having fun learning. Get those endorphins flowing with just ONE hour of our energetic Bollywood style!
Excellent for fitness and general well-being, routines set to upbeat music are created with expert choreography blending moves from energetic Indian folk such as bhangra, raas-garba etc., to hip-hop, jazz, Latin & M.Eastern. Perfect for students of all levels of experience, with or without a dance background! The choreography is simple and challenging in equal parts; Instructor breaks down complex moves.
*Instructor certified in Group Training Fitness from AFAA + AAAI-ISMA USA, & Gopikrishna Institute of Classical & Folk Dance, Mumbai India, AND 25+ years’ experience teaching all levels of students, locally (U.S) and internationally.
Tell a story, Have a laugh, Enjoy the music! What can be even better? Show it off if you need!
Participate in seasonal intercultural events* Inspire others, motivate & share the joy on stage!
AUG 3- High Point Arts Council Festival| SEP 28 – Kokabooth Amphitheater Asian-American Festival, and more coming…
For the kind of events we engage in, go to Recent events OR to our Facebook Events page
*Event Participation is 100% optional. May involve Free/Nominal Rental or Costume purchase Or extra services as organized. Please check with your Instructor upon invitation.
Our local students …enjoy international popularity! See them on Youtube
Watch our students’ videos below. See some real student outcomes, on Carolinas’ LARGEST followed global Bollywood Studio Dance channel- with over 1,300 global subscribers.
You too can become a contributor to our daily-growing Student Dance Video Channel!
Watch video playlist below of 100s of dances to see how our various members do in classes and events!
Current Session of 2019:
JUNE 2 to JULY 21 (6 weeks); *No class June 30 and July 7
Once a week, One hour
DAY & TIME:
SUNDAY 1.00-2.00 p.m*
Only $72 for 6 weeks Term
*Alternate WEDNESDAY night option available for Intermediate-Advanced learners upon passing an initial assessment, starting July 24
BALANCE MARTIAL ARTS STUDIO, 1408 VILLAGE MARKETPLACE, MORRISVILLE, NC 27560. [Inside Target Plaza, Next to Hibachi and Opp Buffalo Wings] Click the link or picture for directions
Next session: SUN. AUG 4 -SEP 8 ; 6 weeks.
Join our amazing, energetic troupe of TEEN-ADULT dancers as we take to the stage @Raleigh International Food/Summer Festival! Entry: FREE to ALL.
Check about your participation to above and more events in JULY-AUGUST. Visit our Events page
*Series fee are accepted in Cash, Cash/Check/ Zelle Pay/Venmo App. We do NOT accept Credit/Debit cards at Morrisville locations.
Trial class available, Fee $15
*Payable in Cash in person, OR online in advance. Please REGISTER with the fee at least 48 hours earlier.
ALL FEES AND FORMS MUST BE CLEARED BEFORE THE START OF ANY CLASS.
First-time students and Trial Class visitors, please arrive at least 10 minutes before class to register. Please bring appropriate fee in acceptable mode and ONE form of ID to show to the instructor upon arrival if required. Class starts ON TIME.
Missed the first lesson? You may join midway at the discretion of the faculty. Please check ahead of time for class date & availability.
Summing it up
- Accelerated learning with small sized classes, more individual attention per student.
- Learn versatile patterns on a diverse variety of Bollywood styles/songs at ANY Level!
- Understand lyrical context, express with energy & eloquence.
- Improve presentation skills with grace, flow, musicality & rhythm.
- Develop better coordination.
- Unlock technicality of new dance steps; improve on familiar ones.
- Get more agility, mental focus, physical fitness, emotional wellbeing with dance!
Interested in finding out more about this class? Contact Us
To Register Or Pay for any of our Morrisville classes, go to Registration page Or Contact Us if you need more info.
See also our
Interested in KATTHAK & FOLK Dances of India or Fusion? Contact us for any special custom/seasonal needs.
Watch a Sample of a Fusion of Classical & Contemporary
KATTHAK – A Classical Indian Dance Form
An expressive classical dance form, one of the major recognized classical dances of India, and a great base for Traditional Bollywood. Express your interest in our Kathak or Kathak -infused classes.
FOLK DANCES OF INDIA
Folk styles of Gujarat, Maharashtra and other states of India. Learn what makes India so uniquely diverse, region to region, and yet with a common bond of festivity and culture running through its veins.
Priya is passionate about dance and bringing health and happiness factor into people’s lives. Dance has been her companion for almost 30 years and she helps people find and follow this same passion in life! Classical and Indian Bollywood & folk dance performer-dance finalist-veteran choreographer from Mumbai who has coached groups in three continents for last 20+ years, she brings fun, new dance routines based on many different Indian/blended/western styles that invigorate and challenge you. Not only will you feel and look fitter & younger, you’ll end up more confident on the dance floor with better coordination, confidence, and rhythm. Discover and Enjoy life.. with dance. Come to one of her fabulous Bollywood classes this week!
– Wake County Lifelong Learning, NC