BOLLYWOOD DANCE FOR TEENS & ADULTS
Ages 13 yr to ADULT
BEGINNER & BEYOND BEGINNER [Mixed Levels]
Instructor: Priya Chellani
Exceptional Value in this Bollywood Dance class
- Always wanted to do Bollywood dance, but never had a chance?
- Have an Indian wedding come up? Don’t know what to do on the dance floor?
- Want more out of your daily exercise? Need something new & fun?
- Want to try a new hobby or dance genre ?
- Want to give it a spin before signing up to long-term learning?
- Want to take your Bollywood dance experience to the next level with a performance?
Whatever your reason
Get into the fun, energetic Bollywood dance style of the movies through this series!
In just a few weeks, you will:
– Learn snazzy steps on the trendiest Bollywood songs each season- keep up to date
– Learn step patterns on a variety of songs- a mix of Basic & Intermediate techniques
– Get confident on any dance floor
– Get a great workout whilst having fun & learning. Get those endorphins flowing with just ONE hour of our energetic Bollywood style!
Excellent for fitness and general well-being, routines set to upbeat music are created with expert choreography blending moves from energetic Indian folk such as bhangra, raas-garba etc. to hip-hop, jazz, Latin & M.Eastern. Perfect for students of all levels of experience- with or without a dance background! The choreography is simple and challenging in equal parts; Instructor expertly breaks down complex moves.
*Instructor certified in Group Training Fitness from AFAA + AAAI-ISMA USA, & Gopikrishna Institute of Classical & Folk Dance, Mumbai India with 25+ years’ experience teaching all levels of students, locally (U.S) and internationally.
Coming Sessions of 2020
CHOICE of 2 options!
1. Bollywood REGULAR SERIES
Learn for the pure joy of learning a creative dance form, and show your skills off at the next party or gathering with confidence! Open to both Beginner and Beyond Beginner levels.
JAN 05 – FEB 09; 6 weeks
Once a week, One hour
DAY & TIME:
SUNDAY 1.00-2.00 p.m*
$72 for 6 weeks Term
2. Bollywood PERFORMANCE SERIES
Upcoming Performance Season : for those who want to take their previous learning up a few notches!
Once a week, One hour
DAY & TIME:
EVERY SUNDAY 12.00-1.00 p.m*
FEB 09 to MAR 01 ; 6 weeks program
*includes two extra weeknight or Saturday rehearsals.
Learn & Get in time to Prepare & Audition for the 34th Raleigh International Festival: March 6-8 at Jim Graham Expo Center NC Fairgrounds. Registrations are on NOW! Come meet us in class for more details
LOCATION for either series
[Next to Stone Theatre Cinemas] Click the link or picture for directions
Tell a story, Have a laugh, Enjoy the music! What can be even better?
Participate in seasonal intercultural events!
For the kind of events we engage in, go to Recent events OR to our Facebook Events page
*Event Participation is 100% Optional. May involve Free/Nominal Rental or Costume purchase Or extra services as organized. Please check with your Instructor upon invitation.
You too can become a contributor to our daily-growing Student Dance Video Channel!
Watch video playlist below of 100s of dances to see how our various members do in classes and events!
Our amazing, energetic troupe of TEEN-ADULT dancers took audiences on a fun upbeat trip to “Bollywood”!
Visit the above pages or Indigo Academy Recent Events to see more!
Inspire others, motivate & share the joy on stage!
Our local students …enjoy international popularity! See them on Youtube
Watch our students’ videos below. See these real student outcomes, on the Carolinas’ LARGEST globally followed Bollywood Studio Dance channel- with over 1,350 subscribers.
Get in touch to find out more. Email us: email@example.com
Trial class available, Fee $15
*Payable in Cash in person. OR online in advance (REGISTER online with fee at least 36 hours before class time). Trial class is ONE Hour. Only ONE trial class per person permitted.
ALL FEES AND FORMS MUST BE CLEARED BEFORE THE START OF ANY CLASS.
*Series fee are accepted in Cash, Cash/Check/ Zelle Pay/Venmo App. We do NOT accept Credit/Debit cards at Morrisville locations.
First-time students and Trial Class visitors, please arrive at least 10 minutes before class to complete your registration process. If applicable, please bring appropriate fee in acceptable mode. Class starts ON TIME.
Missed the first lesson? Check ahead of time for next class date & availability, or midway signup.
Summing it up
- Learn well with a small sized class – MORE individual attention per student.
- Learn versatile patterns on a diverse variety of Bollywood styles/songs
- Unlock technicality of new dance steps; improve on familiar ones.
- Understand lyrical context, express with musicality.
- Improve presentation skills with grace, flow & rhythm.
- Develop better coordination, balance and agility.
- Get sharper mental focus, physical fitness, emotional wellbeing
- Participate in optional shows to develop as a performing artist or get live feedback.
- NO mandatory performance or costume cost if you dont wish to perform! Just learn at your own pace.
Interested in finding out more about these? Want To Register Or Pay for any of our Morrisville classes? Go to Registration page Or Contact Us for more info.
See also our other classes
Interested in KATTHAK or FOLK Dances of India or Fusion? Contact us for any special custom/seasonal needs.
Watch a Sample Fusion of Classical & Contemporary choreography:
KATTHAK – A Classical Indian Dance Form
An expressive classical dance form, one of the major recognized classical dances of India, and a great base for Traditional Bollywood. Express your interest in our Kathak or Kathak -infused classes.
FOLK DANCES OF INDIA
Folk styles of Gujarat, Punjab, Maharashtra and other states of India. Learn what makes India so uniquely diverse, region to region, and yet with a common bond of festivity and culture running through its veins.
Watch a Garba class for beginners in progress:
Watch a Bhangra performed by intermediate learners:
We engage our students in presentations across the state of NC and beyond. Write to us for more info : firstname.lastname@example.org
Priya is passionate about dance and bringing health and happiness factor into people’s lives. Dance has been her companion for almost 30 years and she helps people find and follow this same passion in life! Classical and Indian Bollywood & folk dance performer-dance finalist-veteran choreographer from Mumbai who has coached groups in three continents for last 20+ years, she brings fun, new dance routines based on many different Indian/blended/western styles that invigorate and challenge you. Not only will you feel and look fitter & younger, you’ll end up more confident on the dance floor with better coordination, confidence, and rhythm. Discover and Enjoy life.. with dance. Come to one of her fabulous Bollywood classes this week!
– Wake County Lifelong Learning, NC