BOLLYWOOD DANCE FOR TEENS & ADULTS=
Ages 13 yr to ADULT
BEGINNER & BEYOND BEGINNER [Mixed Levels]
Instructor: Priya Chellani
Exceptional Value in this Bollywood Dance class
- Learn snazzy steps on the trendiest Bollywood songs each season. Always wanted to do Bollywood dance, but never had a chance? Have an Indian wedding come up? Don’t know what to do on the dance floor?
- Get a great workout! Like dancing and want to include it in your daily life for more exercise? Want to try something new & fun?
- Develop a new hobby. Want to give it a spin before signing up to long-term learning? Would like to take your newbie experience to the next level?
Whatever your reason
Get a great intro to the fun, energetic Bollywood dance style of the movies through this series!
In just a few weeks, you will:
Learn a mix of Basic & Intermediate techniques
Learn step patterns on a variety of songs
Get confident on any dance floor
Get your cardio up and those endorphins flowing with just ONE hour of the energetic Bollywood style!
Excellent for physical fitness and general well-being, routines set to upbeat music are created with expert choreography blending moves from energetic Indian folk such as bhangra, raas-garba etc., to hip-hop, jazz, Latin & Middle Eastern: Perfect for students of all levels of experience, with or without a dance background! The choreography is simple and challenging in equal parts; Instructor breaks down complex moves.
Tell a story, Have a laugh, Enjoy the music!
What can be even better? : Show it off if you need!
Plenty of opportunities to participate in seasonal intercultural events where you inspire others. Motivate & share the joy on stage!
For the kind of events we engage in, go to Recent events or to our Facebook Events page
*Instructor certified in Group Training Fitness from AFAA + AAAI-ISMA USA, & Gopikrishna Institute of Classical & Folk Dance, Mumbai India; + 25 y experience teaching all levels of students, locally (U.S) and internationally.
*Event Participation is 100% optional, & not Included in Fee. May involve separate costumes, or extra services as organized. Please check with your Instructor upon invitation.
See it on our Youtube Channel
Watch our videos below for various occasions and see some student results on the Carolinas’ largest followed global Bollywood Studio Dance channel
Watch a video below to see our dance members engage others
Summing it up
- Accelerated learning with small sized classes.
- Signature steps & versatile, creative patterns on a diverse variety of songs & Bollywood styles.
- Understand lyrical context, express with energy & eloquence.
- Improve on presentation skills with grace, flow, musicality & rhythm.
- Develop better coordination.
- Unlock technicality of new dance steps; improve on familiar ones.
- Show off your skills at the next Indian party or on stage- surprise friends & family with your new interest!
- Get more agility, mental focus & emotional wellbeing
- Become a contributor to our global, daily-growing Student Dance Video Channel on Youtube!
- Inspire others! get up on stage and share your joy of dance!
Upcoming Session of 2018:
Oct 7 – Nov 18 (6 weeks)*
Once a week, One hour
DAY & TIME :
SUNDAY 1.00-2.00 p.m
- *Learners can take a trial class or join midway at the discretion of the faculty
- **Optional FITNESS -INTERACTIVE public participation onstage! Have fun, Inspire & motivate others in the audience!
- *** No class Oct 28.
***Follow-up session start date: December 2
BALANCE MARTIAL ARTS STUDIO, 1408 VILLAGE MARKETPLACE, MORRISVILLE, NC 27560. [Inside Target Plaza, Next to Hibachi and Opp Buffalo Wings] Click the link or picture to map directions
FEE: Only $72 for 6 weeks Term
*Join our other series as well, Family Bollywood Class: Mondays and get both series of total 10 classes for ONLY $100 (a $132 value)
**Series fee are accepted in Cash, Cash/Check/ Zelle Pay/Venmo App
***Includes FREE participation & Performer Pass at events. Costumes extra if applicable – ask upon invitation.
Trial class/Drop-in available, Fee $15*
Payable in Cash in person, OR in advance via Zelle Pay. *Please Check class availability at least 48 hours in advance
We do NOT accept Credit/Debit cards at above Morrisville location.
* ALL FEES AND FORMS MUST BE CLEARED BEFORE THE START OF ANY CLASS. First-time students and Trial Class visitors, please arrive at least 10 minutes before class to register. Please bring appropriate fee in acceptable mode and ONE form of ID to show to the instructor upon arrival if required. Class starts ON TIME!
Interested in finding out more about this class? Contact Us
To Register Or Pay for any of our Morrisville classes, go to Registration page Or Contact Us if you need more info.
20 GREAT Reasons busy Adults pick Indigo Academy over other “Bollywood groups”
Express interest in KATTHAK & FOLK Dances of India
KATTHAK – A Classical Indian Dance Form
An expressive classical dance form, one of the major recognized classical dances of India, and a great base for Traditional Bollywood. Express your interest in our Kathak or Kathak -infused classes.
FOLK DANCES OF INDIA
Folk styles of Gujarat, Maharashtra and other states of India. Learn what makes India so uniquely diverse, region to region, and yet with a common bond of festivity and culture running through its veins.
Contact us to express your interest in our Classical or Folk classes.
Priya is passionate about dance and bringing health and happiness factor into people’s lives. Dance has been her companion for almost 30 years and she helps people find and follow this same passion in life! Classical and Indian Bollywood & folk dance performer-dance finalist-veteran choreographer from Mumbai who has coached groups in three continents for last 20+ years, she brings fun, new dance routines based on many different Indian/blended/western styles that invigorate and at times, challenge you to push your limits. Not only will you feel and look fitter & younger, you’ll end up more confident on the dance floor with better coordination, confidence, and rhythm. Discover and Enjoy life.. with dance. Come to one of her fabulous Bollywood classes this week!
– Wake County Lifelong Learning, NC