BOLLYWOOD DANCE FOR TEENS & ADULTS=
Ages 13 yr to ADULT
BEGINNER & BEYOND BEGINNER [Mixed Levels]
Instructor: Priya Chellani
Exceptional Value in this Bollywood Dance class
- Always wanted to do Bollywood dance, but never had a chance?
- Have an Indian wedding come up? Don’t know what to do on the dance floor?
- Want more out of your daily exercise? Need something new & fun?
- Want to try a new hobby with dancing ?
- Have tried Bollywood but want to give it a spin before signing up to long-term learning?
- Would like to take your newbie experience with Bollywood dance to the next level?
Whatever your reason
Get into the fun, energetic Bollywood dance style of the movies through this series!
In just a few weeks, you will:
– Learn snazzy steps on the trendiest Bollywood songs each season- keep up to date
– Learn step patterns on a variety of songs- a mix of Basic & Intermediate techniques
– Get confident on any dance floor
– Get a great workout whilst having fun learning. Get those endorphins flowing with just ONE hour of our energetic Bollywood style!
Excellent for fitness and general well-being, routines set to upbeat music are created with expert choreography blending moves from energetic Indian folk such as bhangra, raas-garba etc., to hip-hop, jazz, Latin & M.Eastern. Perfect for students of all levels of experience, with or without a dance background! The choreography is simple and challenging in equal parts; Instructor breaks down complex moves.
*Instructor certified in Group Training Fitness from AFAA + AAAI-ISMA USA, & Gopikrishna Institute of Classical & Folk Dance, Mumbai India; 25+ y experience teaching all levels of students, locally (U.S) and internationally.
Tell a story, Have a laugh, Enjoy the music! What can be even better? Show it off if you need!
Participate in seasonal intercultural events
Inspire others, motivate & share the joy on stage!
For the kind of events we engage in, go to Recent events & to our Facebook Events page
*Event Participation is 100% optional. May involve separate costumes, or extra services as organized. Please check with your Instructor upon invitation.
Our local students …enjoy international popularity! See them on Youtube
Watch our students’ videos below at various occasions and see some student outcomes from our learners, on the Carolinas’ LARGEST followed global Bollywood Studio Dance channel- with over 1,200 global regular subscribers
Watch videos to also see some of our newbie members pick up moves in class:
Summing it up
- Accelerated learning; small sized, more individual attention per student.
- Signature steps & versatile, creative patterns on a diverse variety of songs & Bollywood styles.
- Understand lyrical context, express with energy & eloquence.
- Improve presentation skills with grace, flow, musicality & rhythm.
- Develop better coordination.
- Unlock technicality of new dance steps; improve on familiar ones.
- Get more agility, mental focus & emotional wellbeing
- Show off your skills at the next Indian party or on stage- surprise friends & family with your new interest!
- Inspire others! get up on stage and share your joy of dance!
- Become a contributor to our global, daily-growing Student Dance Video Channel on Youtube!
Current Session of 2019:
Feb 24 – Mar 31 (6 weeks);
Once a week, One hour
DAY & TIME:
SUNDAY 1.00-2.00 p.m;
Only $72 for 6 weeks Term
*Optional public participation onstage! Have fun, Inspire & motivate others in the audience!
BALANCE MARTIAL ARTS STUDIO, 1408 VILLAGE MARKETPLACE, MORRISVILLE, NC 27560. [Inside Target Plaza, Next to Hibachi and Opp Buffalo Wings] Click the link or picture for directions
Follow-up session dates : April 14 – May 26; 6 weeks
Get into the Holi Festival of Color. Show off your HOTTEST Bollywood moves from class at the coolest of Indian festivals! Check about your participation to above events when your class starts.
*Term Fee may include FREE participation at events. Costumes or Performer Pass extra may be applicable – please check this upon invitation.
*Series fee are accepted in Cash, Cash/Check/ Zelle Pay/Venmo App. We do NOT accept Credit/Debit cards at Morrisville locations.
Trial class/Drop-in available, Fee $15
**Learners can take a trial class. Payable in Cash in person, OR online in advance. Please Check class availability at least 48 hours earlier.
ALL FEES AND FORMS MUST BE CLEARED BEFORE THE START OF ANY CLASS.
First-time students and Trial Class visitors, please arrive at least 10 minutes before class to register. Please bring appropriate fee in acceptable mode and ONE form of ID to show to the instructor upon arrival if required. Class starts ON TIME!
Missed the first lesson? You may join midway at the discretion of the faculty. Please check ahead of class date for availability.
Interested in finding out more about this class? Contact Us
SPECIAL: Join our other series as well, Family Bollywood Class: Mondays@Morrisville and get both series of total 10 classes for ONLY $100 (a $132 value)
To Register Or Pay for any of our Morrisville classes, go to Registration page Or Contact Us if you need more info.
Interested in KATTHAK & FOLK Dances of India? Contact us for any specific needs.
KATTHAK – A Classical Indian Dance Form
An expressive classical dance form, one of the major recognized classical dances of India, and a great base for Traditional Bollywood. Express your interest in our Kathak or Kathak -infused classes.
FOLK DANCES OF INDIA
Folk styles of Gujarat, Maharashtra and other states of India. Learn what makes India so uniquely diverse, region to region, and yet with a common bond of festivity and culture running through its veins.
Contact us to express your interest in our Classical or Folk classes.
Priya is passionate about dance and bringing health and happiness factor into people’s lives. Dance has been her companion for almost 30 years and she helps people find and follow this same passion in life! Classical and Indian Bollywood & folk dance performer-dance finalist-veteran choreographer from Mumbai who has coached groups in three continents for last 20+ years, she brings fun, new dance routines based on many different Indian/blended/western styles that invigorate and challenge you. Not only will you feel and look fitter & younger, you’ll end up more confident on the dance floor with better coordination, confidence, and rhythm. Discover and Enjoy life.. with dance. Come to one of her fabulous Bollywood classes this week!
– Wake County Lifelong Learning, NC